Workshop and Conference on "Nonparametric measures of dependence" (Apr. 28--May 2)
Workshop (Apr 28th-May 1st) and Conference (May 2nd) on "Nonparametric Measures of Dependence"
Department of Statistics, Columbia University
The conference and workshop will be held in the School of Social Work Building (9th and 10thfloors; 1255 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10027).
As part of our 2013-2014 focus year on “Measures of Dependence”, the Department of Statistics at Columbia University is organizing a 3-day workshop and a 1-day conference on “Nonparametric Measure of Dependence” (Apr 28th to May 2nd). This conference is open to the public.
Please register (free) at http://bit.ly/Qnor9W.
Workshop instructors are
Arthur Gretton (University College London, UCL)
- “Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Space”
Gabor Szekely (Renyi Institute of Mathematics)
- “Brownian Distance Covariance and Energy Statistics”
Speakers for the May 2nd Conference:
- Andrey Feuerverger (University of Toronto)
- Arthur Gretton (University College London, UCL)
- Michael Kosorok (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
- Jingyi (Jessica) Li (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Shaw-Hwa Lo (Columbia University)
- Subhadeep Mukhopadhay (Temple University)
- David Reshef (Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology)
- Bharath Sriperumbudur (University of Cambridge)
- Gabor Szekely (Renyi Institute of Mathematics)
The workshop and conference program, registration, and other information are available on
Please join us!